(First and Last name) (Complete a form for each player)
SOCCER PARENT/COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
1. I will not force my child to participate in soccer.
2. I will remember that my child participates in soccer to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
3. I will inform the coach of any physical disabilities or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
4. I will learn the Laws of the Game and the policies of the league.
5. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, referees, assistant referees, and spectators at every game and practice.
6. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsporting conduct with any referee, assistant referee, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will not encourage any behavior or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of the athletes.
8. I will teach my child to play by the laws of the game and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
9. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, referees, assistant referees, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
10. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of the game or his/her performance.
11. I will praise my child for competing, trying hard and make my child feel like a winner every time.
12. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
13. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning.
14. I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
15. I will respect the referees, assistant referees, and their authority during games, will never question, discuss or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed time and place.
16. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
17. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices unless I am one of the official team coaches.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include but is not limited to the following:
Verbal warning by the head coach, field marshal, or any Soccer Club Board Member.
Written warning by Tuttle Youth Soccer Club staff.
Parental/Coach game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by Tuttle Youth Soccer Club.
Game termination through the referee/field marshal will result in a 3 game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by Tuttle Youth Soccer Club.
Repeated incidents will result in parental/coach season suspension.
SIGNATURES OF BOTH PARENTS/GUARDIANS (if applicable) ARE NEEDED:
(Coaches must complete a form also if not completed as a parent.)
Print and Sign Your Name Parent 1/Guardian 1 Signature Date
Print and Sign Your Name Parent 2/Guardian 2 Signature Date